Monday, October 10, 2011

Camelittle?

Camelot 2011
Welllll, I decided to rent the Camelot tv series from Netflix...
I don't regret it, but it's not my cup o' tea, although I'm going to watch the second disc whenever it comes up on my Netflix rental queue, just to finish out what little bit of the story that they tell...
Arthur is a wimpy, little, skinny guy that is not my cup o' tea, either and he is fallen in love with by a GORGEOUS Gwenevere, for some weird reason...
Oh, and Merlin is played by a shaven-headed Joseph Fiennes, which I kind of LIKE, even though he's not how I picture Merlin looking like, at all!
Sean Pertwee (son of the actor who was the third to portray Doctor Who in the original run of the show, Jon Pertwee) was in the first two episodes and I enjoyed seeing him.
Claire Forlani is beautiful as Arthur's mother Igraine.
Vincent Regan makes an appearance in the fourth episode entitled The Lady Of The Lake as a swordsmith named Caliburn. Regan has also been in TROY and in 300. He played the captain of King Leonidas' men in 300. He was also King Kepheus in the latest version of CLASH OF THE TITANS and he was Mark Anthony in EMPIRE, a tv movie for cable, methinks? He's an actor that I enjoy seeing, but he's also an actor that makes me say "Where have I seen him before?" almost everytime. He's one of those chameleons that looks different in nearly every role. I like that, though. Keeps me guessing.
Joseph Fiennes is playing Merlin without using his powers, until the episode The Lady of the Lake, but I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.
SO MANY CHANGES in storyline, but I KNOW that's something that has to be done to keep things fresh and not so predictable, but EGAD!
One role I think was casted perfectly...
Eva Green as Morgan...
She is also to portray Angelique in the upcoming Dark Shadows movie and I think she will do well in that role, especially after playing Morgan in CAMELOT.
CAMELOT is shot in Ireland.
Beautiful scenery. Great locations.
Nice cast.
BUT...
It was cancelled after 10 episodes, on Starz.
For those who don't like nudity, I'd advise you not to try it, but it does have partial nudity of men and women and sexual situations abound! Of course, so did the original Arthurian tales, so it's to be expected.
I like watching anything Arthurian, but so far, I haven't really found anything I LOVE in recent years.
I need to re-watch a vhs tape a friend lent/gave to me years ago of the Sam Neill version of MERLIN. I can't remember if I ever finished it or really paid attention to it as I should've.
I also need to read and in some cases of some of the books I have read in the past, re-read the Mary Stewart Arthurian tales. I have four of them. I need to make sure if those are the whole series, though.
I own The Wicked Day, The Last Enchantment, The Hollow Hills and The Crystal Cave.
I need to make sure if I need more to complete that series and find it/them somewhere at a flea market or cheap online or something, then get them in order as they should be read, then read them. I know I enjoyed reading some of them years ago and I've had these copies of them for several years. I just have procrastinated about starting to read them as I should.
Well, for those of you who just HAVE to see ALL Arthurian tv shows and movies, see CAMELOT, but be ready for a lot of twists in the storyline and a lot of sex and blood.
Have a great day! Be scared! LOL!
SciFiHorrorFem

No comments:

Post a Comment