Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday SOA

     No, SONS OF ANARCHY isn't horror or scifi, but it is weird, in a groovy kinda way... ;-)
    I know I was griping about sex and violence in SPARTACUS, but for some reason, this show feels different.
       I don't envy those living the life of those on SOA, but their lives are less grotesque and nasty than those in SPARTACUS, even though their lives seem pretty realistic and gritty and grubby, as real life tends to be.
        Last night I watched disc 1 of season 3 of SOA.
       Many people are on SOA that were on LOST and DEADWOOD. Many others, such as Ryan Hurst were in movies and tv shows that I saw years ago. The first time I ever saw Ryan Hurst was in THE POSTMAN with Kevin Costner. Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Charlie Hunnam, Kim Coates, Mark Boone, Jr., Theo Rossi, Kenny Johnson, Maggie Siff, William Lucking, Tommy Flanagan, Dayton Callie and Taylor Sheridan are a GREAT cast!
        Creator of the show, Kurt Sutter also plays a recurring character who is a member of the SOA that is imprisoned. Katey Sagal is married to Sutter, which I didn't know until I began watching this series on dvd. Others of the Sagal family participate in the show in a variety of ways, acting, writing and Katey Sagal does some singing. They do a lot of covers of songs from the 60s and 70s, etc. for the show and they get them to work with it well.
      The show is very adult, violent, sexy, nasty and gritty, but I want to see this show go on for many years, unlike Spartacus, which I dread knowing it's returning in another incarnation in January 2012.
      Ally Walker has been so easy to hate as the ATF/FBI/whatever the heck kind of agent she portrays on the show occasionally. I liked her on THE PROFILER years ago, follow her on Twitter and liked her in just about anything I've ever seen her, including UNIVERSAL SOLDIER.
     This season there are many great guest stars and recurring ones. Hal Holbrook, Titus Welliver, Francis Fisher, STEPHEN KING!!! ;-) and many more with familiar faces, but I can't think of their names right now.
     Watch for someone from THE DARK KNIGHT showing up in the episode HOME. I won't say who, but I'm sure you'll recognize the person even though they are not a name.
      I highly recommend this show to you, my readers, but remember, it is very adult, very violent and very real.
Have a creepy day!
SciFiHorrorFem

No comments:

Post a Comment