Monday, September 5, 2011

Laboring Over This Labor Day Post


I started this post like an hour ago and just now am getting around to typing LOL!
SSDD here. At least the temps have cooled and we're getting rain (even though most of my body likes it, my sinuses DON'T!). Flash Flood Watch in effect till Wednesday morning, but we needed rain. The ground was cracking open in places it was so dry.
On to favorite movies, tv shows & books!
Favorite movies of mine are ALIEN, ALIENS, ALIEN3, ALIEN: RESURRECTION, TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY, TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, TERMINATOR 4: SALVATION, PREDATOR, PREDATOR 2, AVP, AVP: REQUIEM, any of the STAR TREK movies, from STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE all the way through J. J. Abrams' STAR TREK. I am looking forward to the sequel(s). I enjoy all kinds of movies, but sticking to the subjects of Science Fiction, Horror & Fantasy, I have a list literally a mile long LOL! Other favorite movies of mine are: PSYCHO, THE EXORCIST, EXORCIST III, etc., etc., etc....
A NEW favorite of mine is STAKE LAND! Not for the squeamish or those that don't approve of foul language, but it's SUCH a good movie that never really saw much of the light of day! It was shown at film festivals and very few theaters, but I'd heard good things about it on podcasts that I listen to, so I rented it from Netflix. I am sure I have seen Nick Damici the actor who played one of the main characters called Mister (and co-wrote the movie!) and Connor Paolo the young actor who played another main character called Martin, but they weren't household names to me. I thought Nick Damici had a look combining Tom Savini & Kim Coates on the dvd cover pic... Along with them, the movie had several name actors in the cast, including Kelly McGillis, Danielle Harris & Michael Cerveris and MANY familiar faces! For the uninitiated, Kelly McGillis acted in WITNESS & TOP GUN, to name only a couple of movies of hers. Danielle Harris has acted since she was a young girl in tv (One Life to Live) & movies (Halloween 4 being her first movie and it was released when she was all of 11 yrs old) and she also directs and produces. Michael Cerveris is from Huntington, West Virginia I just saw on IMDb! Well, he was raised in Huntington, but he was born in Bethesda, Maryland. He's nearly the same age I am and we grew up 30 miles apart! WOW! Anyway, he is best known for his role as one of the Observers on FRINGE, but he has been acting since he was 3 yrs old! I just enjoyed STAKE LAND a LOT and think it deserves a lot of fans that should have been exposed to it in theaters.
I think I'll stop for now. I've been doing this blathering off and on for the last 5 hours now and haven't accomplished a lot.
More tomorrow!
SciFiHorrorFem

No comments:

Post a Comment